Header Ads

Header ADS

Initial Bills Reactions to Matt Milano's Departure and Von Miller's Return

After tearing his ACL on Thanksgiving Day and beginning the season on the physically unable to perform 2022 season, defensive end Von Miller returned to the Bills defense in their Jacksonville Jaguars defeat in London, 25-20.


Although he was limited in game form, Miller said it was good to be back in a game for the first time in his 13th season in the NFL, though he has work to do to get back to being a dominant pass rusher. Has been throughout his career.


"It's just a starting point," Miller said after the match. "I loved going there. I definitely felt like I could have done more, I definitely felt like I wasn't there yet, but I felt like it was a great starting point for me and I'll continue and maybe - definitely - I will definitely be able to be the player I was in the past."

Head coach Sean McDermott said Miller was on a 'pitch count', which Miller felt was wise given the amount of time he had been away from the game.

"Just dipping my toe in the water. I'll eventually be able to join the older kids at the deep end, Miller said. "However, it's good to be out there with my teammates and pick up the tempo; it's undoubtedly something I can improve upon."


During a grueling game, having Miller line up at the line of scrimmage gives other Bills defenders a confidence boost.


"It was huge just seeing the 40 line up. Many men, including myself, are confident in him, added safety Michah Hyde. "Obviously, he was out there on the pitch count, you can't just throw him into the fire and Vaughan is going to step up and we're excited about that."


Miller will continue to ramp up as he leads a group of talented defensive linemen, which was without defensive end Greg Russo, who is out with a foot injury. Miller was already thinking about the Sunday Night Football matchup against the New York Giants the following week.

"It was smart, I got enough reps to make it and be ready for the Giants next week," Miller said.

While the Bills can celebrate the return of one of their defensive stars, 2022 first-team All-Pro linebacker Matt Milano left the game in the first quarter with a knee injury that could have a long-term impact on his future availability.


"It was tough. I saw him in the blue tent and I was trying to check him, see if it was minor," Miller said. "Thoughts and prayers surely go out to Matt Milano."


Milano's knee caught a flurry of Bills and Jaguars linemen after quarterback Trevor Lawrence was sacked. Milano was held off the field and received an X-ray during the game, according to the NFL Network broadcast.


Dorian Williams and Tyrell Dodson saw more game action thanks to Milano's injuries, with 10 tackles, two passes defensed and one tackle for loss. Milano played nearly every snap in the Bills' previous four games.


"You can talk about the next person, it definitely hurts," Hyde stated. We refer to Llano as "All-Pro" since he is an All-Pro.


Getting hurt, especially seriously, is a scary aspect of the game, but you just have to keep playing. Left tackle Dion Dawkins remarked, "I know that sounds corny, but it's really the only thing we can do. the area after the game.


Quarterback Josh Allen, who was drafted by Buffalo a year after Milano, wished the best for Milano, who he called a 'key part' of the Buffalo defense.


"Not sure what's going on with Matt, prayers go out to him," Allen said. "He makes a lot of plays for us. So, hopefully it's not a crazy, crazy injury and hopefully we can get him back on the field soon."

Despite McDermott withheld details over Milano's injury, he did say that it "doesn't look good currently."

No comments

Powered by Blogger.